- Public Works
- Planning & Zoning
- Documents & Forms
- New Commercial Construction Permit Forms
New Commercial Construction Permit Forms
To obtain a new commercial construction permit form, follow these steps.
- Review all documents in this packet.
- Review the N.M.C.I.D. Construction Permit Guide (PDF) and complete the Multi Purpose State Building Application (PDF)
- Complete the Flood Map Information Request Form (PDF). (Sample FEMA Site Plan (PDF)) The FEMA site plan is in addition to Building Site Plan.
- Review the Standard Details for Construction of Sidewalks, Driveways, Curbs, and Gutters (PDF.) Complete the Curb Cut Permit Application (PDF.)
- Complete the Zoning Application (PDF). Include documentation of any variance or rezoning
- Complete the City's Ordinance Plan Review Checklist (PDF) and make sure those items appear on all three site plans included with your original plans. These site plans are separate from the FEMA site plan and require different information (Sample Site Plan (PDF))
- Bring 2 complete hard copy sets of plans, the plans on a flash drive, and items 2 through 5 to City Hall for submission. Incomplete or partial submissions will not be accepted. Complete application submissions may also be mailed in with a check payable to City of Alamogordo. Please include your FedEx shipper account number for approved plans to be returned
- Fees are due at the time of submission. Fees are payable to City of Alamogordo. FEMA determination is $85 and zoning review is $600. One check for both is acceptable. These fees do not include State CID fees.
- When review is complete you will be notified that your plans are available for pick up.
- You may then submit the approved plans to any of the offices listed at the top of the State permit application.
Please submit all required documentation as provided in above links to:
City of Alamogordo
Attention: Planning and Zoning Department
1376 E Ninth Street
Alamogordo, NM 88310
Please note that any missing documentation or items not completed entirely will be returned to the applicant. This will result in a delay in processing your permit application. If you have any questions we can be reached at 575-439-4220.