How To Get a Library Card
You can get a library card by visiting the Alamogordo Public Library and completing an application. If you choose, you can get a head start on your application online. (You will still need to bring applicable documentation to the library to finalize your account.)
A valid library card is needed in order to check out materials from the library. Library cards are available free of charge to any Otero County resident, kindergarten age or older. (Patrons under the age of 18 require the signature of parent or guardian on the registration document.) A driver's license or other picture identification with current Otero County address is required. (If driver's license does not show your current Otero county address, two other documents displaying local address are required.)
- Internet Use only cards are available for those with no current proof of address.(Use the library's computers; no materials checkout.)
- Nonresident cards are available for $15 +tax
- Replacement fee for lost cards is $5.25
- Maximum of 50 items total may be checked out on one card at one time.
- Most items have a 21 day loan period.
- DVDs have 7 day loan period. (DVD item limit is 5.)
- New books, from the new book shelves, have a 14 day loan period.
- Reference materials do not circulate.
Most items are $0.10 cents per item per day. Maximum fines for most items is $5.00. Privileges will be suspended when fines reach $2.00 or are 30 days in arrears.
Curbside pickup service of up to five library items is available with limited hours. Holds can be placed in the online catalog or by calling 575-439-4148. Pickup hours are Fridays from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. (Appointments preferred; please call ahead for faster service.) Have your library card and photo ID ready when you arrive for pickup.
Curbside service can also be used on Fridays to retrieve print jobs sent to the library via Mobile Print. Once you have submitted your print, call the reference desk 575-439-4148 to make arrangements to pick up your document.
Notary services are also available during curbside hours. Please call the reference desk 575-439-4148 for assistance with notary during curbside hours.