Rec Center Amenities
Please Note: If you leave the facility and come back later the same day, you will be assessed another facility use fee.
Age Categories & Restrictions
- Youth – to qualify as a youth individuals must be 17 years of age or younger.
- Adult – to qualify as an adult individuals must be 18 years of age or older.
- Senior Adult – to qualify as a senior adult individuals must be 55 years of age or older.
Age restrictions apply for:
- Full Facility - any child under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult (age 18 and over) at all times. Both youth and adult are charged use fees.
- Pool - any child 6 years of age or under must be kept within arm’s reach while in the pool area (on deck or in water) at all times. Maximum adult to child ratio is 1 adult to 2 children. Both youth and adult are charged use fees.
A 7,000 square foot gymnasium which accommodates both basketball and volleyball. The gym is available for recreational play, league play and private rentals. For further information please see the Basketball Gym page.
50 meter by 25 yard outdoor pool available seasonally for:
- Aquatic Fitness
- Lap Swim
- Private Pool Rentals
- Recreational Swimming
- Swim Lessons
- Swim Team Practice
For further information please see the AFRC Pool page.
Available for meetings, rentals, birthday parties and special activities.
Locker Rooms & Showers
The locker rooms are newly renovated and will be open for use, including the new family locker room. Locker rooms and showers will be available to all paying facility patrons (e.g. pool, gym, weight room) at no cost or to the general public for $4.
- Please note: Lockers do not have locks. Patrons may supply their own lock if desired, however it must be removed at the end of each session unless the locker has been rented for ongoing use.
- For locker rental information please see the Facility Use Restrictions and Fees page.
Programs & Activities
AFRC offers a range of programs and activities that are open to the public. Registration and participation fees are generally required.
All registrations are on a first-come first-served basis.
- Activity scholarships are available for children of qualified families in need.
- All participants must sign a liability waiver. Anyone under 18 must have a parent/legal guardian sign a consent form and liability waiver.
- Currently, some programs and activities require pre-registrations. Instructors are not able to take money or registrations. If an alternative payment option is needed, or to find out how to register for a specific program/activity, please call AFRC at 575-439-4142.
- It is the responsibility of the patron to attend scheduled classes, refunds will not be made for missed classes. REGISTER online at https://secure.rec1.com/NM/alamogordo-recreation/catalog.
- Registration in an activity does not guarantee a place in future activities.
Activity Withdrawals / Refunds
Requests for an activity withdrawal/refund must be made one week prior to the start of the activity to receive a refund. Exceptions will be made for an injury / illness (a Doctor’s note may be required). There is a $10 administrative fee per participant for a withdrawal / refund unless the activity is cancelled by AFRC.
Requests for an activity transfer must be made one week prior to the start of the activity. Transfers will be accommodated as long as there is space available in the activity. An administrative fee is not generally charged for transfers. However, AFRC reserved the right to charge a $10 administrative fee if multiple transfers are requested (over 3).
Activity Minimum / Maximum
If the minimum number of participants for an activity is not met three days prior to the first day of the activity, the activity will be cancelled, participants will be notified and provided refunds.