- Community Development
- Planning & Zoning
- Code Enforcement
The Code Enforcement component provides those services most commonly associated with the enforcement of code violations relating to public health or welfare.
The Department is committed to responding to complaints as well as developing a systematic method of identifying and addressing offenses related to a code violation.
- Garbage & Refuse
- Businesses to Be Licensed
- Garage & Yard Sales
- Water Conservation
Authority to regulate and prohibit use of streets and other public grounds for signs, posting of handbills and advertisements.
- 3-01-010 Placing signs on poles, etc.
- 3-01-015 Temporary signs
- 3-01-020 Signs, banners across streets
- 3-01-030 Destroying lawful posters
- 3-01-040 Marking on streets, sidewalks prohibited
- 3-01-050 Sound vehicles restricted
- 3-01-060 Stickers on Vehicles
All sidewalks shall be kept clean from rocks and other obstructions, including ice and snow, and in state of good repair by the owner, occupants or agents in charge of the adjoining property. A sidewalk in good repair shall be free of cracks, floats, obstructions, depressions and any and all other defects and shall have a uniform longitudinal and transverse gradient.
8-07-040 Obstruction of sidewalks
- 11-06-155 Unauthorized graffiti on personal or real property
- 11-06-156 Elimination of graffiti
No person shall permit to accumulate upon premises owned, leased or occupied by him, any garbage, trash or refuse, except in covered watertight containers made of metal or plastic. All garbage placed in containers must be bagged.
- 14-01-020 Accumulation of garbage, refuse; removal
- 14-01-030 Garbage and refuse; precollection practices
- 14-01-040 Garbage and refuse containers
- 14-01-140 Generally - Outdoor automotive storage
Inoperable Motor Vehicles & Parts
It is unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to store, or permit to be stored or placed, a dismantled, partially dismantled or inoperable motor vehicle or any parts of a motor vehicle unless such vehicle is in an enclosed building or on property which is enclosed with a fence or wall (must be 8ft) and such vehicle is not visible from adjoining or surrounding property or from the street or public ways.
14-01-150 - It is unlawful for any person, firm, or corporation to store, or permit to be stored or placed any junk within the city limits unless such junk is not visible from adjoining or surrounding property or from the streets or public ways.
17-01A-050 License fees for certain businesses
Garage and yard sales shall only be held between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. and shall not exceed three consecutive days' duration. No more than three sales shall be held at a given residence in any twelve-month period. No more than 2 garage or yard sales shall be conducted within 90 days at the same location.
17-06-040 Garage and yard sales
It shall be the duty of the owner of real property to remove from such property any tree, plant, shrub, or other obstruction which causes a traffic or pedestrian hazard or which overhangs any public thoroughfare. Any owner or occupant shall maintain all hedges and shrubbery adjacent to public sidewalks so that no part of said hedges or shrubbery shall extend over any part of a public sidewalk, street or alley in the city.
- 26-01-010 Trees to be trimmed
- 26-01-020 Hedges and shrubbery
- 26-01-030 Injury to trees or shrubbery
- 26-02-020 Bag worm nest; elm leaf beetles; declared to be a nuisance
- 26-02-030 Premises to be kept free
- 26-02-040 Destruction of larvae
- 26-02-050 Use of insecticides
- 26-03-030 Unlawful growth or accumulation on lots
- 26-03-040 Unlawful growth or accumulation on tracts
Growth of Weeds
It is unlawful for any property owner within the city to permit any growth of weeds to a greater height than six inches on their property, the curbs and sidewalks as well as the area adjacent to and five feet back of the curbs, sidewalks, streets and from all property lines.
- Before 9 a.m. and After 6 p.m.
- Even numbered addresses may water on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays
- Odd numbered addresses may water on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays
28-05-010 Watering restrictions