Pool openS Saturday, April 1st
The AFRC Pool is a seasonal outdoor pool. The pool’s operating season is anticipated to be a seven-month season open from mid-spring until mid-fall.
The pool and surrounding deck are available seasonally for:
- Aquatic Fitness (Aqua Walk, Lap Swim & Instructor-led Fitness Classes)
- Private Pool Rental
- Recreational Swimming (Public & Family Swim sessions)
- Swim Lessons
- Swim Club & Swim Team Practices
- 50-meter by the 25-yard outdoor pool
- Water slide
- 9-foot deep end
- Splash pad area
- Food patio area - includes limited covered picnic table area
- Men's, Women's, and Family locker rooms
- View our Fees & Passes page for daily user fees and pass options.
- Any child under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult (age 18 or over) at all times. Both youth and adults are charged use fees.
- Any child 6 years of age or under must be kept within arm’s reach of an adult (age 18 or over) while in the pool area (on deck or in water) at all times. Maximum adult/child ratio: 1 adult / 2 children. Both youth and adults are charged use fees.
- Youth ages 12-17 must have a completed MINOR Waiver form on file to attend pool sessions without an adult present where allowed (see Age Access Chart).
- View our Monthly Session Schedule page for all session days and times.
- Please check back frequently for changes to session schedules - links to the appropriate pages are included above and in the left-side column.
- The schedule is subject to last-minute changes due to unforeseen maintenance, weather, and/or staffing issues.
To verify pool hours, please give us a call at 575-439-4142.
Session Information and Policies
- All Swim Lessons require pre-registration.
- Public & Family Swim Sessions are drop-in only.
- Aqua Fitness sessions (e.g., Lap swim / Aqua Walk sessions, Fitness classes) allow for pre-registration which is recommended if you wish to ensure your spot. Drop-in participation will be accepted on a first-come basis if a session has not completely filled through pre-registration.
- Please note: lap swim is not allowed during public swim sessions except for specifically designated sessions listed on the Monthly Pool Session Schedule page.
- Lap Swim and Aqua Walk (independent) - session pre-registration may be made online, in-person, or over the phone up to 3 days in advance.
- Aquatic Exercise (instructor-led) - session pre-registration may be made online, in-person, or over the phone up to 7 days in advance.
- Pre-registration will open at 8 am 3 to 7 days prior to a session (dependent on session type) and will close at 10 pm the day prior to a session. Be sure of the dates/times you are registering for as refunds will not be given per AFRC withdrawal policies.
- Online pre-registration link for swim lessons, fitness and lap swim sessions.
- All pre-registration and drop-in participation is on a first-come basis for all sessions - each session does have a max capacity based on State mandates for public pools and staffing levels.
General Information on Facility and Pool Practices and Policies
- It is essential to the enjoyment of this facility by its patrons and participants, and to a positive work environment for staff and volunteers, that patrons and participants follow the Alamogordo Family Recreation Center policies, rules and procedures (links below). Individuals in violation of AFRC policies, rules or procedures may be subject to disciplinary actions including potential ejection and/or suspension.
- Locker room use and belongings:
- Locker rooms and lockers are available for either free daily use (lockers must be emptied at the end of each session) or on an paid extended rental basis.
- Locks are not provided - it is highly recommended that patrons bring a lock if they are intending to use a locker to prevent lost or stolen items. The facility is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
- Patrons must take an initial rinse shower prior to entering the pool.
- Locker rooms and showers are not to be used for prolonged showers during or after a swim session.
- Cancellations, No-shows, and Turn-Aways
- Public & Family Swim sessions - if a session is canceled by the facility (e.g., bad weather, maintenance issue) prior to 1 hour of the session being completed, a facility session pass ('rain check') will be given at the main desk that can be used for another public or family swim session within the next two weeks.
- Lap Swim/Aqua Walk sessions - if a session is canceled by the facility (e.g., bad weather, maintenance issue) prior to 45 minutes of the session being completed, a facility session pass ('rain check') will be given at the main desk that can be used for another Lap Swim/Aqua Walk session within the next two weeks.
- Pool Fitness Classes - if a session is canceled by the facility (e.g., bad weather, maintenance issue) prior to 30 minutes of the class being completed, a facility session pass ('rain check') will be given at the main desk that can be used for another Pool Fitness class within the next two weeks.
- If a pre-registered participant does not show up for a session, no refund will be given.
- If a patron is turned away or ejected due to non-compliance with any facility procedures/practices, pool rules or the direction of staff, no refund will be given.
- Please be aware that pool session openings and hours are subject to change due to weather, staff availability, and pool maintenance. To verify pool openings and hours, please call 575-439-4142 during regular facility hours.