Alamogordo Fire Department is actively recruiting volunteers who want to be part of a growing and progressive department committed to providing quality customer service. Volunteer Firefighters respond to calls for service in their communities such as fires, natural disasters, and public service assistance calls. Train along side the career Alamogordo Firefighters. Volunteer Firefighters also participate in community events and promote the prevention of fires and other emergencies.
Becoming a Volunteer Firefighter is a challenging, exciting and rewarding way to better yourself as a person and serve your community. There are unlimited opportunities for training and advancement, the benefits of saving lives and making your community a better place is worth every minute and every ounce of effort.
Here are some of the other benefits of becoming an Alamogordo Volunteer Firefighter:
- The satisfaction that comes with knowing you are an important part of keeping your community safe.
- Cultivating new skills that can help in all facets of your life and prepare you for a possible new career.
- Working as a team and building lasting relationships and friendships.
- A sense of belonging.
- Getting your hands dirty and being in the middle of the excitement.
- Getting free training.
If you dreamed about becoming a Firefighter as a child, make your vision a reality by volunteering today.
Interested in becoming an Alamogordo Volunteer Firefighter?
- You must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Complete an application and turn it in to Human Resources at City Hall (1376 E. 9th Street).
- You must be able to pass a Physical Ability Test.
- You must attend two trainings a month. Trainings are held Wednesdays 5p-7p, every other Saturday 8a-5p.
- You must have the desire to help others, better your community and work with a strong team.