My water looks cloudy. Who should I call for help?

During regular business hours (7:00 am-3:30 pm), call our Water Treatment Division Office at (575) 437-5991. After hours, please call our dispatch center at (575) 439-4300. These locations handle questions and complaints regarding the odor, taste, and color of water. The cloudiness is usually the result of tiny air bubbles in the water.  If you fill a clear glass and let it sit, after a while, the bubbles rise to the top and are gone.  This occurs more often in the winter when the water is cold. Sometimes, this can be caused by a plumbing problem or the result of a recent water line failure.

Show All Answers

1. Where do I go for information on water quality?
2. Who do I call regarding bad taste, color odor or low water pressure?
3. What is the typical water hardness (on scale) for water in my area? The City of Alamogordo’s tap water is considered to be “very hard,” because of the minerals such as calcium in the rock f
4. My water looks cloudy. Who should I call for help?
5. What should I do if my water is discolored?
6. Do I need to filter the water coming into my house?