How Do I?
1. ... find City Hall?
2. ... find out about public transportation?
3. ... become a member of the Senior Center?
4. ... sign up for water, garbage and sewer?
5. ... know when I may water my lawn?
6. ... reach my Commissioner?
7. ... apply for a business registration?
8. ... find out when my trash pick-up is scheduled?
9. ... call specific departments at City Hall?
10. ...find out about City street closures?
11. ...learn about recreational activities?
12. ...find out when the City Commission meets?
13. ...find information on the City’s budget?
14. ...offer suggestions to the City?
15. ...report a stray animal?
16. ...get rid of big objects that will not fit into my garbage can?
17. ...contact the City with a complaint?
18. ...pay my property tax?
19. ...register to vote?
20. ...pay my court fines or traffic citations on line?
21. ...Request to be on the City Commission Agenda?
1. …find City Hall?
We are located at 1376 East Ninth Street, in Alamogordo, between Oregon and Washington Boulevards on the south side of Ninth Street. 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM Mondays through Fridays except on holidays. The City observes the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the following Friday (Veterans’ Day Observed) and Christmas Day.
2. ….find out about public transportation?
Z-Trans is operated by the Zia Therapy Center in conjunction with the City of Alamogordo. It serves Alamogordo, Holloman AFB, La Luz, Tularosa and Mescalero. For up-to-date information on the three routes and their schedules you may contact them by phone at 439-4971 or at 900 First Street.
3. …become a member of the Senior Center?
If you or your spouse are 60 years of age or older you may join the Senior Center. Call 439-4150 or click here for more information. The City appreciates a $10.00 donation for registering as a member. Click here to link with more information about the Senior Center and its activities.
4. …sign up for water, garbage and sewer?
Visit a Customer Service window at City Hall or call 439-4260. Monthly billing varies with meter size and monthly usage. To begin service, residents pay between: $65.00 - $131.00 plus a $25.00 application fee.
5. …know when I may water my lawn?
Click here for current schedule
6. …reach my Commissioner?
Call City Clerk’s office at 439-4205 or here for a district map, which includes Commissioners’ contact information.
7. …apply for a business registration?
Anyone operating any for-profit business must register with the City. Obtain an application at City Hall or click here and return it to City Hall.
Click here for more information on fees and regulations.
8. …find out when my trash pick-up is scheduled?
Regular trash is picked up twice a week; however, if you have oversized items for pick-up, you need to call your trash collection company to schedule a pick-up. The number for Southwest Disposal Corp is 434-1109.
9. …call specific departments at City Hall?
Click here for a complete listing.
10. …find out about City street closures?
Public Service announcements are given on the local radio stations, are printed on the front page of the Alamogordo Daily News, and are posted on this website. Click here to connect with the Public Service Announcements. You may also call the Community Relations Specialist at 439-4227.
11. …learn about recreational activities?
The City Community Services Department publishes an annual booklet that contains scheduled activities for the entire year. This publication is updated every May. You may get information from the calendar posted on this web site, call 439-4142 or visit the Recreation Center at 1100 Oregon Avenue from 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM Monday through Thursday, 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM Fridays, 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM on Saturdays.
12. …find out when the City Commission meets?
The Commission generally meets in the Commission Chambers at City Hall the second and fourth Tuesday of every month, except the months of November and December when they meet the first and third Tuesday of the month. Special meetings are scheduled as needed. Click here to see our City calendar.
13. …find information on the City’s budget?
You may request a copy of the City budget by completing a request form at the City Clerk’s office and paying a nominal fee for the copies. The City operates on a July to June fiscal year with public budget hearings held in May at a City facility announced in the Alamogordo Daily News. Budget document on line
14. …offer suggestions to the City?
Suggestions of any nature may be turned in to the City Clerk at City Hall located at 1376 East Ninth Street. Or click here to send feedback.
17. …contact the City with a complaint?
Call the City Clerk’s Office at 439-4205. They will want to know the nature of the complaint so they can direct your call to the correct department or person. Or click here to send feedback.
18. … pay my property tax?
The Otero County Treasurer collects property tax. Contact that office by calling 437-2030, or go to 1000 North New York Avenue or their website at www.co.otero.nm.us . There is a link to that website on this website.
19. …register to vote?
You may register at the Otero County Clerk’s office at 1104 N. White Sands Blvd., Suite C.
Back to top
20. …pay my court fines or traffic citations on line?
If the "Penalty Assessment" box is marked at the bottom of your citation, you have 30 days to pay your fine from the date you received the citation. Click here for the five options.
Back to top
21. ... request to be on the City Commission Agenda?
In order to submit your request, simply fill out and return the Agenda Request form by the appropriate deadline. For a list of deadlines, click here.
Back to top