Some Citations May Be Dismissed
- PROVIDING DOCUMENTATION FOR DISMISSAL
You may have certain citations(s) dismissed if you present the following documents to the Municipal Court Staff. This must be done no later than 4:30 p.m. the day before your arraignment date.
- NO REGISTRATION/NO LICENSE PLATE: Proof of Current registration at the time the citation was issued.
- OPERATOR CHAUFFEUR MUST BE LICENSED: Proof of your New Mexico Driver's License which was valid at time of traffic stop.
- DEFECTIVE EQUIPMENT, i.e. BROKEN TAIL LIGHTS, BROKEN HEADLIGHTS, BROKEN WINDSHIELD AND WINDOW TINT/SUNSCREEN: The repaired vehicle for which the citation was issued must be taken to the Police Department with the defendant's copy of the citation. At the Police Department, request that an officer sign the ticket given showing that the violation has been rectified. Then, bring the signed ticket to the Municipal Court.
- MANDATORY FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: Bring the insurance card that indicates you had insurance on the date and time the citation was issued to the Municipal Court. Court staff may contact your insurance company to verify coverage. If you did not have insurance on the date and time of the issuance of the citation, you will need to appear in court for arraignment on or before the appearance date on the bottom of the citation.