New Residential Construction Permit Forms - Homeowner
(Click on the "blue links" to open permit documents in a separate window).
**Please note that construction permit applications missing documentation or not completed entirely will be returned to the Homeowner. This will result in a delay in processing your permit application**
1. Review the N.M.C.I.D. Guide for Residential Construction and complete the State permit application;
2. Complete Flood Map Gold Form(pdf) or Flood Map Gold Form (Word). Remember to prepare separate FEMA site plan*. (Sample FEMA site plan); *This is in addition to the Building site plan
3. Complete the zoning form. Include documentation of any variance or rezoning;
4. Complete City's Ordinance plan review checklist and make sure those items appear on all three site plans* included with your original plans. These site plans are separate from the FEMA site plan and require different information; (Sample Building site plan) *A copy of your survey or improvements survey is sufficient documentation for site plan submittal.
5. Complete the Homeowner's Responsibility Form as required by N.M.C.I.D;
6. Bring three (3) complete sets of plans AND items #2-5 above to the Building Codes Department at City Hall for submission. Incomplete or partial submissions will not be accepted;
7. Fees are due at the time of submission. Fees are payable to C.O.A. FEMA determination is $85.00 and zoning verification is $50.00. One check for both is acceptable. These fees do not include State C.I.D. fees;
8. When review is complete, you will be notified to pick up your plans;
9. You may then submit the plans to any of the offices listed at the top of the State permit application;
10. You will receive two sets of approved plans back from CID. One set shall be retained by our office.
If you have any questions, we can be reached at (575) 439-4235.