Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
1. It is the policy of Alameda Park Zoo to promote and encourage volunteer participation in order to expand and enhance community involvement while maintaining an adequate level of safety and security.
2. An individual who wishes to volunteer shall be interviewed and approved by an Alameda Park Zoo representative prior to serving at the zoo. The representative's decision on whether to approve the volunteer candidate shall be based upon the best interest of the zoo.
3. Prospective volunteers having been interviewed by the Alameda Park Zoo representative must complete all volunteer forms provided, including a background investigation authorization and release, application and liability waiver.
4. Criminal Background Investigation: In order to protect the safety of our staff, zoo guests and their children, applicants must submit to a criminal background investigation. The applicant must provide proof of identity and report any subsequent criminal convictions. Refusal to submit to a background investigation would deem the volunteer ineligible to serve.
5. All youth volunteers must observe the 'two-adult' rule. This requires that adults are never left alone with children or youth without another adult partner. Adult partners are not to be husband and wife.
6. Minimum age for volunteers is 16. Volunteers under the legal age of 18 will require the signature of a parent or legal guardian prior to serving on zoo grounds and will not be permitted to supervise other minors.
7. Proper safety equipment and training on the use of safety equipment will be provided when indicated. Use of safety equipment is mandatory.
8. Volunteers will be required to sign a liability waiver.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field